11 Items Virgin Islands Wedding Packages Should Contain
Where to begin! This topic is near and dear to my heart. Virgin Island wedding packages, when I was a wedding planner, were fun for me to create. I loved challenges.
Especially being a destination wedding planner. It might be different on the mainland but doing St Thomas weddings was a bit more intricate. There was no face to face meeting with the bridal couples, no looking through images of floral decorations or visiting venues together. Most, if not all the wedding and reception correspondence was done via email and phone conversations. Basically that is how Virgin Island wedding packages got started in the industry.
Pintrest did play a part too albeit small.
However when the details were worked out and travel schedules coordinated, bridal couples were thrilled with the results.
Depending on the size of your wedding, having a virgin island wedding package could mean all the difference in a stress filled or a stress free wedding day.
Below is a pretty basic St Thomas package that was pretty popular. We are going to use it as an example of what to you should expect and or what to ask for. The same concepts could be used for a St John beach wedding.
There as many wedding packages as there are brides on St Thomas and in the future we will discuss the more inclusive ones.
Think of a wedding package as a item list used for comparing packages among wedding planners or officiates.
St. Thomas Wedding package
- Phone consultation, e-mail unlimited.
- Courthouse applications and instructions for filing.
- Processing of your after ceremony registration at the Court House and send (2) Certified copies of your marriage license to you home.
- Itinerary of wedding day from pick up to back to ship or hotel.
- **Same day -Round Trip transportation for Bride and Groom: To Court House, to ceremony and back to Ship or hotel.
- Bridal Bouquet and Groom Boutonniere. Brides color choice.
- US. Licensed Wedding Officiate.
- Witnesses (2) if needed.
- Choice of vows
- St Thomas wedding location. (Location fee not included)
- Professional Wedding Photography package: To learn more about How to Choose a Photographer look here.
- A DVD or thumb drive with at least 40 high resolution digital negatives
- Online Gallery to show family and friends.
- Photographer’s consultation.
Here are few questions to ask a planner or to review before engaging a wedding planner.
What else is needed for this package to have a beach wedding? The answer should be something as follows:
- Marriage license for about $200.00. Unless this is a wedding renewal or you had the real deal take place back at home.
- Beach location fee. Magens Beach and Lindquist (Smith Bay) charge $200.00 location fee and also an entrance fee of $2.00 per person.
Some Hotel beaches do charge a fee even if staying there, best to check with management before ceremony. I have had guest surprised by location fee added to bill when checking out. All hotel beaches are free up to the high tide mark, so unless you want your feet to be planted in the water make sure to check it out.
There are several beautiful beach venues that are free. Just remember unless you have a car rental there are transportation fee’s getting to them. Drivers waiting fee and return fee’s. View St Thomas Beach wedding Venues in our gallery or St John Beach wedding venues here.
So if on a tight budget figure in the cost of the Virgin Island wedding packages with marriage license and beach location fee.
Your Wish List!
Now the tricky part comes in deciding what is needed and what is wanted or desired.
Wedding cakes served after ceremony. Yep the bakers here on St Thomas make beautiful cakes for two to 200 or more. Also great for your wedding pictures.
Toast to congratulate each other or with guest. Nothing like a bottle of bubbly to help cement the ceremony.
Additional decorations: such as an arch, flowers petal aisle, larger bouquet than what package supplies or flowers for wedding party.
Upgraded transportation. Do you want to ride in the wedding planner or officiates car or upgrade to taxi or limo.
Do you need everything item listed in most Virgin Island wedding packages?
Will a funny thing about packages. They are usually created to give the bridal couple the best bang for their buck and still make a profit. That is why a wedding planner or officiate is in business.
As a bridal couple you do not have to use any Virgin Island wedding packages however going ala-carte in the long run may cost more money and be more stressful. If something unforeseen happens. Say the cake takes a dive on its way to your wedding. If you have a wedding package it is up to the wedding planner or officiant to come up with an alternate cake. In addition before I forget, to include it is up to them to supply utensils and table for the cake.